InSEA is an international community dedicated to advocacy, networking and the advancement of research in art education.
Advocacy is always a political process with aims to influence public policy and resource allocations within political, economic, and social systems. For InSEA, advocacy is motivated by our belief that every child has the right to an excellent education in and through art. It also stems from our belief that this is a lifelong enterprise. InSEA Advocacy includes media campaigns like WAAE Arts Education Week, public support for the arts in the form of Reports, responses to Public consultations; letters to governments; exhibitions, lectures, newspaper reports, published research that shows how important art can be for all citizens in all parts of the world.
InSEA is an amazing, international, supportive professional community of art educators. We have a significant role in disseminating ideas and research internationally about the importance of art for all people. We celebrate the creative, the communicative, and the thoughtful. A critical aim at this time in history is to encourage and appreciate diversity, and resist moves toward international uniformity. We are hopeful that you will join in InSEA’s advocacy through a set of actions:
- Join InSEA officially!
- Write and deliver advocacy statements to target organizations, policy makers, educational leaders, Corporate leaders. Share your paspers through
- Share your papers with InSEA
- Make education through art available to all.
- Use InSEA channels such as Facebook; Instagram, Tweeter ; wechat and InSEA Website as a springboard to promote advocacy activism at the local, national, and international levels:
- Work on projects that are transdisciplinary
- Establish connections with art teachers in other countries
- Post advocacy videos on InSEA social channels and InSEA website
- Consider opportunities to develop advocacy activism
- Collaborate (do not compete) with the other arts. Be clear that each art supports the other ones. Emphasize the mutuality of the arts
- Write Press Releases frequently to highlight your advocacy actions
- Develop and make visible transdisciplinary projects for early childhood through adult learners and all ability leve