InSEA Publications: Different Thinking
InSEA Publications is an academic publisher, established in 2016, that publishes books and articles about visual art education and education through art (we also publish conference proceedings for InSEA congresses and symposia). Our publications seek to promote good practice and cutting-edge research in the field and our publications are normally electronic and free access to our international membership at the Members' Bookshelf area on the website.
We promote a wide range of research and praxis from a diverse set of educational contexts from community-based art to more formal university or high school praxis in addition to arts-based educational research.
InSEA publications is a member of the CrossREF network and offers the possibility to publish entire books (normally as pdfs) If you are interested in publishing an article, please refer to our journals IJETA or IMAG. All submissions are evaluated by a double-blind peer review committee. For larger publications, such as edited books, we work with editors to establish an academic review or editorial board. InSEA publications world closely with authors on the academic content and layout of the publication, from acceptance of the proposal to the final proofs. Ensuring a high-quality publication is our key aim in every case.
Books and e-journals published by InSEA are available from the InSEA website and are free to access for InSEA members. Published authors may reprint or distribute their own articles, free of charge, but we request that the original publication is credited.
- Have you got an idea about education though art worth sharing?
Interested in publishing with us? Click here for more information.
- Have you already written or published something that will be of interest to our members? Have you thought about seeking endorsement from the Society for international recognition? Click here for more information.
InSEA Publicatons: Peer-review process
Overview of our peer-review process:
- Manuscript/ proposal is submitted to InSEA Publications (online).
- Manuscript/ proposal is reviewed by at least two members of our Academic Review Panel.
- Manuscript is either accepted for peer-review or declined.
- InSEA Publications appoints at least two anonymous expert referees.
- Referees are use our peer review form to provide a critique based on the scholarly merit of the submission.
- InSEA Publications sends the reviews to the authors or editors.
- Authors or editors provide a description of any revisions in response to the reviewers’ suggestions.
- If our Academic Review Panel deems the revisions adequate, the publication process will begin.
NOTES: As our strapline suggests, InSEA Publications is committed to ‘different thinking’ in art education research and praxis. We seek proposals that are original and advance knowledge and practice in learning through art. For example, we will consider edited books, visual essays and monographs from individuals or groups. Authors must be, or agree to become, members of InSEA
In addition, InSEA Publications aims to make all forms of research and systematic enquiry as widely available as possible, for example through the InSEA web pages as pdfs.
InSEA Publications: Academic Review Panel
Dr. Mohammed Al Amri, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman.
Dr. Kathryn Coleman, UNESCO Observatory of Arts Education, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne, Australia.
Susan Coles, National Society for Education in Art & Design, England.
Dr. Teresa Eça, President, InSEA.
Dr. Karen Hutzel, Ohio State University, United States.
Dr. Rita Irwin, The University of British Columbia, Canada.
Prof. Timo Jokela, The University of Lapland, Finland.
Dr Nuray Mamur, Pamukkale University Faculty of Education,Turkey.
Dr. Marjorie Cohee Manifold, Indiana University, United States.
Dr Mirian Celeste Martins, Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie – Brazil
Dr. Gabriella Pataky, ELTE Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary.
Dr. Cathy Smilan, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, United States
Prof. Samia Elsheikh, Helwan University, Egypt
Dr. Alice Wexler, State University of New York at New Paltz, United States.
Dr. Steve Willis, State University of Missouri, United States.
Dr. Kim Snepvangers, University of New South Wales, Australia.
Prof. Flávia Pedrosa Vasconcelos, Universidade Federal do Vale do São Francisco, Brasil.